If you are experiencing poor water pressure then Pipeline Services can assist you. Our engineers can carry out investigations to identify the problem, installing new modern pipes if necessary.
Although water companies aim to ensure that your water pressure is no less than a target of 1 bar at your property boundary, your old water supply pipe may be restricting the flow of water to your home. The internal diameter of your supply pipe will affect the maximum amount of water it is able to carry and this will appear to you as poor pressure.
There are many factors that can have an influence on your water pressure resulting in problems within your home.
- Leaks – If water is leaking from your system your pressure will be affected and requires immediate action.
- High water demand – this can change both daily and seasonally
- Partly closed stop tap – gently opening the tap may help
- Shared supply pipes – you may experience low pressure during peak periods. An independent supply is highly recommended
- Supply pipe size–a smaller internal diameter will limit the flow rate to the property – PipeLine Services can install a 25mm MDPE replacement supply pipe
- Pipe Corrosion – restricts water flow and can lead to leaks
- Heating systems and showers – Many new showers and combination boilers will need a minimum level of flow to work effectively
- Systems relying on tank height –the height of the tank above your supply pipe will affect how quickly it will refill
If you are experiencing water pressure issues contact Pipeline Services today.